Thursday, April 05, 2012

Tournament/Stream Update 4/5/12

You guys have been having such fun and exciting matches that I simply couldn't go another day without playing a few games.  Boy did I get my teeth kicked in... so I'm blaming ALL of you!

But seriously, folks... This is going really well so far.  We had our first Group A series tonight and from what I've heard it's going to be a really fun one.  If you haven't been glued to the tournament the past few days (and blocked my emails) then you may have missed that we are rapidly getting to the target of 12 players per group! I'm so excited to have full fleshed out tournament brackets, plenty of games to be played, and a ton of new friends to practice with (and rage out because of).  You guys are great... This is really starting to feel like a really cool community of like minded players and I couldn't be happier.

DragonMaster has volunteered to write recaps of the games played and they will be featured here on the blog along side the VODs from YouTube.  I'm going to have to beg for patience on that one seeing as it takes quite a while to get all the VODs right, but they will ALL make it up on YouTube at one point or another.  

Here is a test of a long embedded video:



Take mental notes on your favorite games and players.  I'd love to set up a weekly(ish) show match between two players as chosen by the stream.  This could be a Group Buster where we take someone from C and match them up against B (or A) or it could be a rematch you'd just love to see.  

While we're talking about the stream, I'm working on setting up an "open mic" night on the channel where you guys can take over and run a show of your own.  This could be tournament related or not, up to you!  I'd also like to bring in more player commentary.  So far there have been a few games that people can't stop talking about and I'd like to get the players together and do a bit of "post game" interview.  If that works out it could be cool, or it could stink on ice... only way to know would be to give it a try.

The bracket will be announced soon.  Placement matches are well under way now, but we still have a long way to go.  Don't forget to reach out to people in your pool.  They gave you their preferred contact info for a reason.  If you're having trouble meeting up, try to set up a time.  Not everyone is available every night and I'd love to get everyone who wanted to play going.  The only fundamental change in the bracket process from the beginning to now is that I'll start each group's elimination round as we finish the seeding phase.  So, if Group A fills out and plays all their games then we'll start the elimination round first while Groups A and B get their games played.  I originally wanted to have all 3 going on at once, but it may work out better if we flip the switch for each group separately as the perfect time becomes apparent.  

Anyways, another great night of fun and frolic... including me finding more ways than I thought existed to lose to you guys.  I guess that's one way to build up respect for the play we're seeing... get beat up by it.


3 comments:

Vincent said...

embedded video doesnt go to fullscreen for me.

Vincent said...

clicking on a later time on the time bar does not work either.

Anammox

NJX70 said...

Yeah, it's awkward, but if you click on the YouTube logo it's a really nice looking link!