Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I think I'm going to take posts here less seriously

I think some small posts that give a little interesting information instead of massive walls of text is the way to go.

Tonight I streamed for the first time on twitch.tv/T6SROF. I really like it. I used to use own3d.tv, but it's not very "non pro" friendly.

For example... I bought about 40 games over the holidays via Steam. On own3d you get branded with a game and your stream is in that category unless you request a "new stream." At that point they will rebrand your stream and put it in a different category. I decided to try out LA Noir, but my stream was only able to be found under Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. That wouldn't be a big deal if I had a ton of people who'd watch me regardless of what I'm playing, but when the game/stream category don't match up for some random jerk like me... people will just move on.

On twitch.tv you're able to say which game you're playing every time you broadcast. That puts you in the proper category right away and people can search for you by game. If I'm playing Rift and want to stream what I'm doing I put up that I'm playing Rift. People can search for live streams of Rift and find my stream. That right there is enough for me to want to switch services.

In the end it's going to be content and quality that dictate the number of people who decide to check out the stream. I don't know if I'll be able to match up with pros and vibrant entertaining people, but I'm going to try.

No comments: