Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Warlords of Draenor Recruitment Journal #2

What did I call the last one?  Who cares.  Anyways, picked up a few new guys this week.  One is a 93 warrior with a 100 pvp geared monk main who's not in the guild yet.  The second one is a friend of the couple who joined last week.  The last one is a mage I met out in the world while farming barn mats.  We had so much fun blowing up mobs and running down alliance that I had to ask him to join.  He agreed.

So, I'd say the best way I've found to meet new guild mates is to be social in the world.  Duh?  Not really.  People don't even think to invite someone who's standing right next to them doing the same thing to a group... which benefits everyone involved.  Be social, mention you're looking for new members, be nice to people, and don't be afraid to take the lead in the situation.  Simple.  The only "hard" part is finding yourself in places where you will run into similarly minded people

The next step is going to be the step that makes every salesman's career... the referrals.  I'm not exactly sure how we've only received one referral member since this big recruitment drive of mine.  It's either that most people we've found are loners or they are waiting to see results before trying to sell the guild to their friends.  Either situation is fair.  I always mention that we are not in a position to create content for the casual member and that recruitment and excitement levels are going to determine which direction the guild ultimately takes.  I just need to see if I can find a way to get the whole guild invested in bringing in new players.  They don't have to be like me posting all over the internet and chatting up everyone they run into.  I'd just like people to have their eyes open for people who'd fit in and not be afraid to say something.  This is the area I'm going to focus on going forward.  I'm going to have to sit down with a couple of the old guard and see if I can shake them up a bit as well.  I don't think it's asking for much to be on the lookout for good players, but I also don't want to pressure people to the point where they feel something's wrong or it's too much work.

All in all, this week was a success.  We picked up 3 new active members who have been contributing to the guild since they joined.  Goal is one per week.  I can see in the future it's going to be important to find a healer main or ten if we're going to get into more organized content on either the pvp or pve side of things.  As it stands now we have one healer who's playing his 90 boost on our server infrequently and 4ish people with alt healers (myself included).  That's okay if people don't mind playing their alts, but I know I'd like to take my warrior or death knight out way more frequently than my healer at this point.  Same seems to go for everyone else who has a healing alt.  We even have a monk who runs windwalker/brewmaster and doesn't seem to have plans of gearing mist walker.  it's all okay, but in order to have everyone playing what they want to play we need to find more healer mains who WANT TO play their healer primarily.  With how low our numbers have been and how steadily they have been improving with our open door policy I don't want to change anything quite yet, but something will have to be done if we break 100 characters in the guild and not one healer main who's active and contributing.  The only thing we can hope for is that having to pull from the general public for healers to run content should mean we are meeting way more healers than anything else and have the best chance of winning them over.  I guess we'll see.

Anyways, you can always catch me online at http://twitch.tv/t6srof or on twitter @T6SROF.  The recruitment saga will continue...

No comments: